“Integrating Upright Labs has been one of the best decisions we’ve made for Leveling the Playing Field. It used to take us hours to find 10 items in our warehouse, and now it takes minutes. Our business has completely transformed, it’s incredible.”
Leveling the Playing Field was launched in 2011 by Max Levitt, a previous equipment manager for the Syracuse University football team, the Washington Redskins, and Montgomery County Recreation in Maryland. Through his many experiences as an equipment manager, he witnessed a great amount of sporting equipment going to waste. He decided to start recycling used equipment and provide it for underprivileged communities as he found much of the disposed equipment was still in great condition.
Today, Leveling the Playing Field continues to grow and receives an influx of sporting equipment donations every day. And with this inflow of donations to their warehouse, Leveling the Playing Field has found it necessary to optimize its inventory management and e-commerce systems so they can get equipment in consumers’ hands as quickly as possible. Plus, the revenue made from selling online is used to fund their operations, so the better their operational efficiency, the more revenue they will be able to generate and ultimately reinvest in their mission.
In an effort to increase revenue for their operations, Leveling the Playing Field pursued integrating a system that would enable employees to efficiently process, list, and track donated equipment for online sales. They decided to integrate Upright Labs’ software provided the software’s barcoding, optimized multichannel listing, and tracking capabilities.
Before working with Upright Labs, Leveling the Playing Field was taking double the amount of time to sort, list, and fulfill items. Integrating Upright Labs’ software throughout their operations has allowed them to quickly process, organize, and distribute donated items to the right end consumer.
- Improve operational efficiency
- Reduce touch points per item while increasing individual item profit
- Reduce time for searching for items in their warehouse
- Add tracking system for donations and warehouse shelves
- List items online faster
- Automate relisting on multiple marketplaces
Leveling the Playing Field has experienced groundbreaking results after installing Upright Labs’ software including:
- 100% increase in listing capacity per day - Went from listing 50 items in 8 hours to 50 items in 4 hours
- 80%+ reduction in listing time - Went from 6-12 minutes per listing to 1 minute per listing
- 88% time savings in locating items - Went from 60 minutes to pick 10 items to 40 minutes to pick 57 items
- 100% reduction in relisting time - Manual relistings to automatic with no human intervention. The software automatically relists items that don’t sell.
Tasks that took a whole day, now take half. Vivian, Ecommerce Director at Leveling the Playing Field, said she used to be able to only list 50 items online in a day, and now can list the same amount in half.
According to Vivian, Leveling the Playing Field’s operations have completely transformed and she’s excited to experience even greater improvements in the months to come.
"Integrating Upright Labs has been one of the best decisions we’ve made for Leveling the Playing Field. It used to take us hours to find 10 items in our warehouse, and now it takes minutes. Our business has completely transformed, it’s incredible.”
-Vivian, Leveling the Playing Field E-commerce Director